Monday, March 4, 2013

It's Birthday Week!!

Dearest all,
We've made it to March!  Glorious day!  On Saturday I celebrated Dr. Seuss's birthday by reciting one of my favorite poems from him.  I would also like to share it with you! 
                "Today you are you, that is truer than true, there is no one alive who is more you-er than you!  Shout aloud, 'I am glad to be what I am, thank goodness I'm not a ham or a clam, or a dusty old bottle of gooseberry jam'.  I am what I am, what a great thing to be if I say to myself, 'Happy Everyday to me!' " - Dr. Seuss
    Our Heavenly Father made each and every one of us different, with unique talents and gifts.  If we take a moment to stop comparing ourselves to others, and take a good long, appreciative look at ourselves, we'll see just how blessed and special we all are. 
Soeur Thibault and I had a great week.  We keep finding and meeting awesome young families in our ward who are more than willing to help us in whatever way they can with the missionary work.  Another awesome miracle was a woman named Josephine, whom we met a week or two ago.  We were finally able to fix a RDV with her, and, although it took an eternity and a half, we finally found her apartment.  So we had our RDV with her on Friday.  We taught the Plan of Salvation to her, which she liked, and invited her to church.  And she said she would try to come with her son, who really likes churches.  And, wouldn't you know it, halfway through Sunday School on Sunday, she and her son showed up!  They stayed for the rest of church.  There was an 8 year old/ member baptism right after church, and we invited her to stay, but she couldn't.  But we hope she'll come back next week.  We had another amie at church with us also, an older French lady named Nicole.  She's super sweet, but doesn't always get everything that we say, but still, she's making babysteps.  She really liked church and the baptism.  Unfortunately, the baptism that the Elders were going to have on Saturday fell through, so we'll keep praying for them that they can help their amie.  Nothing seems to be going on too much over here, except that all the really cool people that we contact always live in Paris Lilas's area, not in Nogent.  Elder Perez is the new Elder that is here in Nogent.  He is from Cannes, and is super cool.  He speaks english really well, but said he'd be more than happy to help me with my french.  He's so legit.  Also, he has been called to speak spanish, which everyone thinks is cool.  This week we'll be seeing a lot of families, which we're really excited about.  Soeur Thibault gets to go do her Belgium Legality tomorrow, and this week is Sister Exchanges, and I'm going back to Cholet!  Haha, they only place that I've GONE to do an exchange.  I'm I'll spend the day with Soeur Stahli, I love that sister!  This is going to be a great week, and with your prayers, our work, and the Lord's will, I know this can be a week full of miracles. 
I love you all so much, and I know that this is truly the Lord's work. 
   "Fear not, for those that are with us are more than those that are with them!"- 2 Kings, 6: ...17?
Thank you for the love and support!
                   Soeur Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment