Monday, March 11, 2013

Release the 22 years young Bracken!

Hey friends!
Sorry this email is kind of short, I don't have a ton of time.  Yes, it was my birthday on Saturday, and the Lord blessed us with sunshine all day (yesterday and today it has been back to very cold and a little snow).  It was great.  We had a great RDV with a woman named Khadia this week.  She is the friend of a member, Soeur Mengolli.  Khadia is an evangilist, but she really does have a desire to follow Jesus Christ, and we know she's going to get an answer that Joseph Smith was a prophet. We're also going to have an FHE with a family and a member this next week, which I'm excited about.  And of course, this upcoming week is the long-anticipated Elder Richards Conference, which will be awesome.  I'm super excited to listen to him!  The exhange went really well with Soeur Stahly, as anticipated.  We tried to do some P90X the next morning, which was a horrilbe idea.  My legs were completely dead the next two days!  I think I almost cried everytime I had to sit down the next day.  But they're doing better now.  We really do see miracles everyday, and we had two investigators at church yesterday again!  I love this work, and I told Soeur Johnson, a sister in my mission (she and I did a mini exchange this past week) that I really do LOVE France.  I was almost surprised to hear myself say that.  I was like, "Yeah, I'm not so homesick anymore.  In fact, I really don't even hate France anymore.  In fact, I really like it!"  Haha, about time.
I decided I would like to include something funny that happened during the week in every email now.  This week's experience is as follows... 
As many of you know, my boots are horrible right now.  They have holes in them, and my feet get wet all the time (I'm buying new ones today).  I was not looking forward to going to Sr Mengolli's, because it had been raining, and my socks in my boots were all wet, and I didn't want to be embarrassed if she noticed.  We arrived, and took off our shoes, I tried so hard to cover my socks with something the entire time we were there.  Then, finally, when we were going to put our shoes back on, all of a sudden, she said, "You're socks are wet!", and I had to be like, "Oh...yeah.  My boots are falling apart, so... I'm going to buy some new ones."  She then proceeded to tell us all the places we could buy shoes, which made us laugh.
Also a funny story, Soeur Thibault found out that lots of elders in my old District liked to say, "Release the Bracken!!" to me (instead of 'Release the Cracken' from Pirates of the Carribean).  She laughed so hard, and has been very content to say that all the time now.
Ok, there are funnier stories, but that's the first one that came to mind.  I got to go, but I love you all so much, and thanks especially for the birthday wishes!
     Avec amour,
        Soeur Bracken
Also, I met a companion of Sister Jamie Butler (from Brigham) the other day, when she was serving in the Carribean.  Her name is Wesland Olyssa, pretty cool, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment