Wednesday, May 8, 2013

What day is today (well, ok, next weekend)..? It's Mother's Day

Hello all, once again, this might be a slightly shorter letter, my bad.  This week has been awesome.  I've been feeling much better about life, and am looking forward to the lovely month of May.  We celebrated Cinco De Mayo yesterday by eating chips, salsa, and some guac.  Good stuff.  Elder Garcia just told me that they're going to celebrate tomorrow my drinking coke for breakfast.  Classy.  Yesterday, Khadia, her kids, and Wilna came to church.  We had a great lesson.  Khadia still has lots of concerns, but we're hoping to keep progressing this week.  The Mengolli family is going to the Temple this week, so they told us they'd put her name, and our names, in the Temple.  I had the chance to do an exchange this week with Soeur Callister, a new missionary from Provo (for those who are wondering, I believe Elder Callister is her great uncle).  So I went to St. Ouen, on the other side of Paris, with her.  It was awesome.  We taught a first lesson, in english, to a family from Ghana.  It was absolutely perfect.  The son recognized a photo of the Ghana Temple from when they lived there, and the family was so open to the message.  At the end of the lesson, after explaining the Book of Mormon a little bit, I asked if they would be baptized after they knew it was true.  They said yes!  I'm so excited for Soeur Callister and Soeur Barrero to continue teaching them.   I also had an amazing experience porting.  We were knocking on some apartment doors, and we had 3 different families let us come in and kneel in prayer with them.  Haha, and the best part was that Soeur Barrero and Soeur Wynn were having equally awesome experiences over here.  We have some new amies thanks to their contacting efforts.    We visited one of them yesterday, her name is Chriss, and SHE IS AMAZING.  She already has the light of Christ in her eyes.  She is ready to accept this gospel, I just hope I'm here in Nogent when it happens.  I love this gospel so much.  This morning I found a scripture that I absolutely love, in Philippians 1:20.  "20 According to my earnest expectation and my ahope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always,so now also Christ shall be bmagnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death."  
Let us never be ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ, but always look forward with high expectations and high hopes (Frank Sinatra anyone?) to magnify our love of Christ.  One time, my MTC teacher told me, "You can be as bold as you want, when you're doing something out of love".  That's completely true.  We can be bold in our testimony of Jesus Christ, and magnify His life through ours.  I love you and thank you all for your love and testimonies.  Thank you so much for your inspiration.  
   Avec amour, Soeur Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment