Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The 20 lesson week!!

Hello everyone!  I'll start off by telling you that Soeur Wynn and I finally did it, we capped off at 20 lessons this week!  Haha, for us, that's pretty stinkin' awesome!  We already have 12 planned for this next week, and we're trying really hard to make sure we have members with us.  It's been an eventful week here.  We went and visited Wilna and Jean last week after church.  Jean won't let Wilna get baptized, and we thought it was because he doesn't like the church, because of how calm it is, but turns out, it's because he doesn't think that Wilna has enough faith to get baptized.  Jean has a mis-construed concept of what faith is, and thinks the level at which one is familiar with the bible is directly tied to the faith of that individual.  And because she doesn't know the bible, she must not have faith.  But she does!  She loves our Savior and wants to follow him.  We fasted and we're praying that we can figure out how to help him understand what it means to have faith.  However, we also had some awesome experiences this week.  We visited a less active member, that we've been trying to contact for a few weeks now, who has a daughter who is not baptized.  So we went and visited.  At the end of the lesson, her daughter said, "So, when can I be baptized?"  And we were like, "WHAT?!"  She wants to so bad!  Her mom was like, "You can, I just want you to have the lessons first."  And during all of this, I just kept saying to myself, "I've been in Nogent for 5 months now, and now, 3 weeks before I leave, I have a little girl just begging me to be baptized?!  Why now?"  Of course we said we'd be more than happy to start teaching her.  I'm not sure if I'll be here when Stéphanie gets baptized, but the most important thing is that she wants to, and she wants to follow Jesus Christ.  We've had some amazing experiences this week, and we're super happy working with so many people.  We have Zone Conference tomorrow, with Elder Ballard, which will be amazing!  We're going shopping right now for it (Mom, I'm supposed to tell you that Elder Foley, my District Leader, told me I HAD to go shopping for the Conference tomorrow).  I'm sorry, I'm out of time, but I love you all, and I want you to know that Heavenly Father  will always prepare a way for us to keep His commandements.  He is our Father!  We are so blessed.  Thank you all, and have a great week!
          Avec amour,
              Soeur Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment