Monday, November 19, 2012

A Thanksgiving Feast...upon the words of Christ

Bonjour all!
   I will try to make this snappy.  Ok, so this past week has been crazy, but great, as always.  We had an ENTIRE mission Conference in Versailles on Friday.  There was absolutely no time for any sight-seeing, of course, but that's ok.  The best sights to see anyway were those of my dear friends, none of whom I've been able to see in the past 2 months.  Soeur Mataalii and I almost cried when we finally saw each other.  I also got to see a lot of the missionaries again who came in this last transfer.  Elder Christensen (who is the cousin, on the other side of the family, of my cousin Reece (who is currently serving in Mexico)) and I were super excited to see each other.  In fact, we took a picture!  I feel bad that we technically broke the 'no single elder and sister' pictures, but not bad enough to delete the picture.  And of course, nothing could beat being able to listen to, see, and shake the hand of Elder Neil L. Andersen.  He is amazing.  He spoke to us mostly in English, but did tell one story in french, to prove he can still speak it.  He also speaks Spanish and Portugese.  He spoke of how our job is to invite others to come unto Christ, whether or not they are already members, of ever end up getting baptized.  Since Quimer is so far away, we spent the night before and after in Rennes, with Soeur Pymm and Soeur Rhondeau (Seour Pymm and my exchange went really well this past week).  Then, on Sunday morning, some members and us drove to Angers for a big combined Stake and District Conference where we got to listen to Elder Andersen...AGAIN!  It made for a very hectic weekend, and very early mornings (Friday we woke up at 4:45, Saturday at 5:30, and Sunday at 5:00).  
  This week we are having a Zone Turkey Bowl.  We will be the first to admit that there are better ways to spend that time, but I guess every zone is doing it.  So this Thursday we will go to Rennes, have District Meeting, have "dinner", and then play some football. :)  I don't know how we're supposed to play football with Elders, but I guess we'll see.    Well, I think that's about it for me, I love you all!
                                                                                Amour,
                                                                                    Soeur Bracken 

No comments:

Post a Comment