Monday, December 3, 2012

Bonjour tout le monde!

  Oh, crazy week!  Soeur Creager has persevered to the end, and has yet to have a mental breakdown about going home this week.  She is a wonderful example.  We know that all good things must come to an end (except the gospel and families, of course).  So she is going to go home with her head high, but also kicking and screaming the entire way.  'Atta girl.  And with change comes more change!  Enter the scene:  Soeur Alves!  I'd expressed my desire for a native french speaker companion to Soeur Creager (so as to improve my french and accent).  There are only 7 francophones sisters in the mission, and two are going home this transfer, so I wasn't sure if I would have one for a while.  Wrong!  I will be spending at least my next six weeks with Soeur Alves, who is from Tahiti!  I'm SO excited.  With any luck, I'll be speaking like her after a while. 
     The work here seems to be like a rollercoaster, but we've signed up to ride it for 18 months, so hold on!  We visited a less active family this past week.  The wife, who's mom is in the branch, still loves the church, but her husband is done with it.  We stopped by and talked, not so much of the gospel, but more of just being friends.  It was really nice.  Sometimes the wife would come to church, but not usually anyone else.  But yesterday, Soeur Bourdon came, with three of her children.  It was wonderful!  We are still teaching Mary, and we have a lesson tonight with another woman that we are really excited about.
         Well, that's about it for me right now.  I appreciate your thoughts and prayers!
                Avec amour,
                  Soeur Bracken

No comments:

Post a Comment